The Expat Wealth Management industry generally suffers from a reputation for poor customer satisfaction and service.
However, one company stands out from the crowd. Abbey Wealth are definitely bucking the trend with the vast majority of their clients reporting that they’re highly satisfied with the support and service levels that they provide.
Our latest Abbey Wealth review looks into the financial advisory to find out more about the services they offer and why expats on the whole are very satisfied with Abbey Wealth’s unique approach to expat financial advice.
Who Are Abbey Wealth?
Abbey Wealth was originally established in 2007 with a laser-focussed objective – to provide totally independent straightforward wealth management and financial planning services to British expatriates.
We are a full-service wealth management company, providing an inclusive yet uniquely tailored service for the management of your personal financial needs.
From the outset Abbey Wealth pledged to always put their client’s interests first and foremost and now ten years later, the firm is one of the largest and most successful of its kind in the world, advising on over half a Billion GB pounds (600m Euros and $650m USD equivalent) of assets on behalf of more than 3000 expatriate clients across the world.
The majority of Abbey’s clients are expatriate Britons who are living, working or retired overseas.
Why do more expats trust Abbey Wealth?
Our analysis and research identified five distinctive areas that distinguish Abbey Wealth in a crowded financial services market:
- Abbey Wealth makes a lifetime commitment to clients, pledging to put them first and to support and advise them throughout each stage of their life.Abbey Wealth not only manages your existing investments, but crucially, they create the perfect financial plan for you that addresses your goals now that you’re living overseas. Wherever life takes you in the future they will remain your crucial point of contact for financial advice and wealth management.We believe that such continuity of advice is what can make a real difference between achieving your money ambitions – or not.
- They do not use pushy sales people to pressurise you into buying their products. Instead Abbey Wealth advises and services clients entirely by telephone and Skype.This distinctive approach means clients can talk with their own dedicated adviser at a time and location that entirely suits them, in comfort and security.Clients stay in control as all calls are recorded, and their adviser follows everything up in writing with clearly-worded information, reports, recommendations and guidance.
- Abbey Wealth undertakes a review of your own personal financial plan with you every quarter to ensure that your personal financial plan stays on track and adapts to meet your changing needs.Because these quarterly reviews are conducted by telephone they are convenient and time efficient for you.
- Abbey Wealth is the specialist financial adviser for Expats. That’s all they do. So they understand the impact of local and international financial regulation and tax structures, and their knowledgeable professional advisers ensure that you are fully using all the advantages available to you.
- Abbey Wealth uses its huge buying power to create choice and value for clients. Abbey Wealth delivers exclusive offerings at preferential rates thanks to its strategic partnerships with some of the worlds’ leading financial institutions.
- The company only employs specialist, experienced, friendly and professional financial advisers, who hold recognised and appropriate UK or Irish qualifications in financial advice.They are supported by specialist Financial Research and Analysis, Compliance and Administrative divisions, making Abbey Wealth a full-service brokerage. Importantly, Abbey Wealth has exceptionally low staff turnover and believe that continuity of relationships between clients and adviser leads to deeper and more trusting discussions which delivers better results.
In a market known for shipping clients from pillar to post this is a refreshing change.
Abbey Wealth – Trustpilot’s Highest Rated Expat Financial Advisory
The hard work and effort has paid off, Abbey Wealth’s clients are happy and remain with the company for many years. And even longstanding clients still regularly take the trouble to post reviews and recommendations on independent sites such as Trust Pilot, where Abbey Wealth has the highest possible five-star rating.
Here’s are some recent examples of what their clients say about this commitment taken from the independent review website Trust Pilot:
Abbey Wealth Focus on Delivering Greater Long Term Financial Security For Expatriates
From its Dublin headquarters, Abbey Wealth is able to provide dedicated specialist services to clients across the whole EU and EEA.
Abbey Wealth is directly regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland, providing clients with world class security and peace of mind. The Central Bank of Ireland is an English-speaking regulator and Ireland has exceptional levels of protection for clients of Financial Services companies based there, including an investor compensation scheme and Insurance Ombudsman authority.
Abbey Wealth’s Swiss business services their clients based outside of the EU, again providing financial security and peace of mind. These important and valuable protections for Abbey Wealth clients would not be available if the business was headquartered in Mainland Europe or even further afield, like many other Expatriate adviser firms.
Why We Recommend That Expatriates Speak To Abbey Wealth
Because of the appropriateness of the company’s core offering in relation to the subjects we cover on Expatra, we sometimes refer those readers who come to us who are seeking specific personal advice about their financial position to Abbey Wealth.
We aren’t qualified or regulated to give advice, so when a reader asks for advice, we may make a referral if appropriate.
There is never an obligation on anyone referred, what’s more, because we have built a trusted relationship with Abbey Wealth over the years, we know that our readers will be respected and well treated by the company.
We are always open to feedback on any referrals we ever make, and the feedback we continue we receive helps us to understand which companies work hardest for expats and enable us to point people in the right direction.
In addition, we like the fact that Abbey Wealth has earned exceptionally high-level terms of business with many of the leading offshore financial services organisations, enabling Abbey to do required international client due diligence checks to prevent money laundering and to place direct business with these firms. This speaks volumes about Abbey Wealth’s reputation.
Abbey Wealth’s Range of Specialist Financial Services for Expatriates
In terms of what the expanded service offerings from Abbey Wealth look like:
Abbey deliver a complete range of specialist expat financial solutions: –
- Expat personal financial planning advice
- Expat wealth management services
- Overseas retirement preparation and planning
No matter what life stage you’re at and whether you’re a high net worth individual with extremely complex personal and corporate financial planning requirements, or an individual seeking the best interest rates on existing savings, Abbey Wealth has the resources and capacity to support you – for life.
1) Expat Personal Financial Planning
Abbey Wealth’s expat personal financial planning advice service starts from the point of view of understanding that clients are as unique as their financial status. Therefore, understanding the client is critical to making the most of their financial advantages.
Advisers working in this area take the time to understand a client’s current financial position, therefore, as well as their risk position, goals, objectives and challenges, before giving salient and personally appropriate advice.
2) Expat Wealth Management
The company describes its wealth management service as:
“a consultative client-centred process, aimed at helping you achieve all of your financial needs.”
No matter what your wealth status, Abbey is strategically positioned to assist, with dedicated high net worth consultants offering comprehensive solutions to those with even the most complex financial position.
3) Overseas Retirement Preparation
Abbey Wealth’s dedicated overseas retirement preparation centre can offer every single service you need. Whether you: –
- Are yet to start saving towards retirement
- Have got frozen or onshore pensions
- Are about to retire abroad
- Have retired and need investment or income advice…
Abbey Wealth’s specialist team of advisers can help with: –
- Retirement savings solutions
- Pension transfers
- Overseas SIPPs
- Retirement income planning
- Post-retirement savings and investment advice
Abbey Wealth Review – In Summary
As one of the leading providers of comprehensive expatriate financial services in the world, Abbey Wealth is ideally positioned to help British expatriates looking to make the most of their financial position during their time living overseas.
There are other expatriate services out there. Our review is not meant to be a comparison nor an endorsement. However, to date, we’ve had always received very positive feedback from expatriates who’ve used Abbey Wealth’s financial services. We’ve also found it easy to get information from the Abbey Wealth team to support our financial research.